In the past, finding legitimate work at home career opportunities was difficult. Opportunities for people to work from home has grown tremendously over the few years. And with the advancement of the internet, there are now a number of great sites to find telecommuting career opportunities.
Here’s the good news– there is a huge variety of work at home opportunities for both independent contractors and as well as company employees.
Work at home career opportunities can include:
Here’s the bad news – finding work at home career opportunities can take some time. Many companies don’t post their openings for remote work jobs because they don’t want to be flooded with applications from people who do have the skills to do the work.
The best way to narrow your search for work at home employment is by making a plan, evaluating your skills and previous work experience.
Sites to Find Work at Home Career Opportunities
If you are ready to ditch the traditional office setting, here’s a list of 5 great sites that you can use to find work from home career opportunities.
1. Linkedin – Linkedin is a great site to use to find career opportunities. More and more recruiters are using social media to find qualified candidates, that includes remote workers. Linked is the most professional social network. With over 350 million registered members, Linkedin provides you multiple ways to access hundreds of employers looking to attract applicants, including a mobile app. Cost: Free
2. Kelly at Home – Considered to be one of the most stable and highly regarded temporary agencies, Kelly at Home offers many professional and credible work at home opportunities in multiple categories. They provide free training and a dedicated support staff to assist you in your search. Cost: Free
3. Simply Hired – Simpy Hired is one of the best online job boards that you can use to find remote work jobs. They have thousands of companies from multiple industries listed in their database. You can use their job listing to easily filter and find opportunities that match your needs, skills and goals. Cost: Free
4. ClicknWork – ClicknWork is a online free job service company that helps creat opportunities for people that want to work from home. They offer job opportunities in the following categories: web research, accounting, information specialists, phone interviewers, data entry, writers and more. Cost: Free
5. FlexJobs.com – Flexjobs is a reputable paid job search site that allows you to search for telecommuting job listings. All their jobs are researched and hand-screened by their trained staff. FlexJobs is a member of the Better Business Bureau. Their listings include a wide variety of occupations from almost every industry, including: customer-service, administrative, technical, writing and more. Cost: Prices range from $14.95/month to $49.95/year.
Best of luck in finding your work at home career opportunity. For tips to acing your remote phone interview, check out this great video from Snagajob “Quick Tips to Ace Your Remote Phone Interview.”