Want another easy way to make extra money while getting great perks like free hotel stays, spa treatments or free meals? Then you may want to consider hospitality mystery shopping.
OVERVIEW HOSPITALITY MYSTERY SHOPPING
Hospitality secret shoppers perform specialized mystery shops in the hospitality industry. This is a fast growing segment of the mystery shopping industry, so you won’t have any problems finding assignments to complete.
Secret shops are often performed in such places like:
- Casinos Resorts
- High – End Restaurants
- Private clubs
- Time Shares
The work schedule for hospitality mystery shopping is basically the same as traditional mystery shopping. You have the freedom to create your own work schedule and decide which shops you want to complete.
Typical assignments can include:
- Evaluating the quality of service you receive.
- Ordering a particular meal and evaluating the quality of the food.
- Inspecting room accommodations.
- Checking the cleanliness of hotel, spa, etc.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO MAKE
Fees can range from $35 up to $500 or more plus reimbursement depending on the assignment. Some shops may not include a fee, but will reimburse you for up to 100% of your expenses.
- You accept an assignment to eat out at a local high end restaurant. This assignment does not include a fee, but it will reimburse the cost of your meal up to $200.00.
- You accept an assignment to evaluate a major hotel chain. This assignment requires you to stay overnight. It pays a fee of $75.00, plus reimbursement up to $150.00.
- You accept an assignment to evaluate Casino. This assignment pays a fee of $80.00, plus reimbursement up to $50.00
- There can be a lot of competition for best assignments.
- Some mystery shopping companies may have strict limitations on the number of time you can conduct a shop. In some cases, you can only evaluate a particular business once, or once a year, etc.
- Opportunities for higher paying assignments may be limited, if you live in a rural area
- Some higher paying assignments may require you to use your debit or credit card to pay for the expenses.
- A few companies may prefer to only hire shoppers that have experience in the hospitality industry.
Not all mystery shopping companies offer hospitality mystery shops. Some companies only perform shops in specific industries like restaurants, resorts or casinos. If you are interested in trying your hand at hospitality mystery shopping, here’s a list of legitimate companies you may want to register with.